Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Dinner is over, dishes washed, pies eaten, and the Cowboys are playing on television. Seems a good time to give thanks!

I'm thankful for food on the table--for the Reynold's Cooking Bag, for holidays that warrant eating two kinds of potatoes at the same meal, and for family-recipe pies and hot rolls that make my new house smell like my childhood home

I'm thankful for Baby A--beautiful, healthy, and so worth waiting for.

I'm thankful for Big K (not the store)--my husband, my best friend, the love of my life.

I'm thankful for my family--across all time zones. It's not a cliche--you are the best family anyone could ask for. I love you all and wish you were here.

I'm thankful for my girlfriends, old and new. I wish we were all at the table giving thanks together today--complete with wine and laughing!

I just realized that all of the "things" I'm thankful for are people (except for the food on the table, which is just a reason to bring people together) and I think that's just the way it should be.


1 comment:

stacykhperrou said...

I love this, Sherri! What you have now is what you always deserved, and what those who love you (me!) always, always knew would come. You are the sparkle at the tip of the tiara that I've always looked up to in admiration.